Experimental Methods Of...

Existing, among other things.

01 September 2007

Progression

I just spent some time going over the archives of my blog, hoping to glean some help for this quit attempt. I didn't find anything particularly useful, but, reading where I was made me very glad to be where I am now. I think it's highly possible that in the last year I've taken some large strides towards being the person, the man that I want to be. It soothes me a bit to see the evidence, to know how much I've grown. It's still a work in progress, but, you don't notice how strong you've gotten until you get to a place where you can look back and remember the way things used to be. I'm sure I'm still breakable, I wouldn't want to be so rigid I couldn't feel. I know I'm still fallible, humans always will be. But, finding out that our emotional and psychological selves can be reinforced and honed as well as our physical selves is very reassuring. We'll see if I can keep that in mind as the nicotine works its way out of my system and my brain runs on fumes for a couple weeks. That whole thing is still really scaring me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home