Experimental Methods Of...

Existing, among other things.

09 September 2007

I just wanted to try writing, this weekend was tough in a lot of ways, it was probably stupid of me to refuse to go buy a small box of nicotine patches, so I've gone without since Saturday morning. All told there's only been three or four cravings that were strong enough to even think about. All in all, this quit seems to be progressing on a schedule at least twice as fast as the last time, and I'm positive that it's because I wasn't smoking as many cigarettes a day as I was before I quit last time, and I haven't been operating in addiction mode for nearly as long. I'd say I've been physically addicted to smoking for maybe 8-10 months now, as opposed to the 10 or 11 years I had been physically addicted before I quit the first time. So the symptoms of withdrawal are coming along in much more rapid waves, but as would be expected they're not as severe as last time either. Today is day 10, and my brain is slipping and twisting itself in very uncomfortable ways, much like it was doing around day 22 of my first quit. At least this time around I'm still able to speak English, and recognize my surroundings. I feel much more like what most people have described their mental states through various addiction breaks, as opposed to the total psychosis I felt the first time around. Of course, maybe I went through this around day 10 of my first quit, and don't remember it because of the trauma of the third week, but, comparing cravings and other benchmarks, this one really does seem much more mild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home